Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More Conscious Decisions

I'm enjoying the processing of seeing choice where there was no choice before. For a while I had been living completely blind, thinking of myself as a victim of circumstances and that I had been dealt a bad hand. Now I see more and more that there is cause and effect, with my choices creating the circumstances in my life that I experience.

Again I was feeling upset over something petty. I had plenty of reading left to do for my exam and I knew it would not be productive if I had lingering anger in the back of my mind. All my other fearful thoughts take enough place as it is! So all it took was one quick phone call, to tell the person that I did not want to say goodbye while we were unhappy, and all was well. Why should I remain in a negative state of mind over nonsense? There are more important things to use our energy for.

Another conscious choice I was able to successfully make had to do with work. My previous post stated that I was unsatisfied with work, and I was reminded that it is not the job itself but my perception that will decide the experience of it. After a particularly stressful day, I was so fed up with feeling that way that I told myself when I woke up the next time to go to work, I would have a good day. And I did. It was a complete shift in perception. Unfortunately it didn't last and I seem to have reverted back to my insane anxiety-feeding thought patterns, but I need only make the choice right now and experience my job however I want to.

Our minds are our own worst enemy. We are the ones who make ourselves suffer, nobody else. That means we are also the ones who make ourselves feel peace and joy. What do you choose?

5 comments:

Sophia said...

It's an amazing thing when we realize that we create our own realities. I choose Heaven on earth, definitely!

Anonymous said...

Brian,
Sounds like you are in the process of an awakeing. Excellent feeling isn't it? The key is to keep practicing these techniques. Before long they will become part of your nature (truth be told, they already are, you simply have to move some stuff out of your way).

Brian said...

Sophia,
Yes lets create a Heaven on earth instead of a Hell.

Brian said...

Mark,
It is a good feeling, even though I'm conscious of it such a small percentage of the time. Practice practice practice...

Desiree said...

Yes our minds really can be our own worst enemies or our very best friends it's as you said whichever we choose! It's a wonderful realization isn't it?!!